- Amy Marschall
- 12 Hours 19 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Dec 21, 2020
You could handle anything a child or teen client threw at you in your office. From extreme disengagement to hyperactivity, you could overcome any client challenge and your office was equipped with every potential game, tool or intervention to immediately engage, calm, or respond to a client. Given your extensive education, training and experience… why are you not achieving those results in a telehealth setting?
Now you can. Whether you’re managing clients with ADHD, ODD or any disruptive behavioral orders… learn how to setup, establish and optimize a telehealth practice for kids, teen and family therapy. And, upon completing this two-day seminar, you can receive instant credibility and authority with a telemental health certification!
This online certification course provides comprehensive yet easy-to-understand instructions on everything you need to know right now about practicing telemental health including ethics, technical & logistical setup, safety concerns and so much more.
ADDITIONALLY – you get access to practical, tested and updated telehealth interventions for children, adolescents and their parents. Upon completing this seminar, you can instantly implement unique technical strategies for Zoom, and other technology platforms, to elevate – and sustain – client engagement. You will leave this seminar with a robust telehealth toolbox that adapts your “in-person” interventions into a virtual setting. You will achieve improved clinical outcomes with effective telehealth practices in talk therapy, play therapy, and nondirective play therapy.
Best of all, upon completion of this live training, you’ll be eligible to become a Certified Clinical Telemental Health Provider (CTMH) through Evergreen Certifications. Certification lets colleagues, employers, and clients know that you’ve invested the extra time and effort necessary to understand the complexities of using telemental health in mental health counselling. Professional standards apply. Visit www.evergreencertifications.com/ctmh for details.
Sign up today and get the skills and confidence you need to successfully help your clients with the power of telemental health!
|Manual – 2-Day Telemental Health Certification Course (5.3 MB)||51 Pages||Available after Purchase|
- Benefits vs. Risks to children of using telemental practices and the internet in general
- Dependency concerns
- Telemental health as a business
- Current research in support and pitfalls of telemental health
- Multicultural & Environmental factors
Legal & Ethical Considerations
- Review and Adoption of Code of Ethics
- Legal implications of practicing across state lines
- Your privacy and data security considerations
- HIPAA compliance for kids & their parents
- Articulating and managing boundaries
Logistics: Setting up & Practicing Telehealth
- Technology competence for the clinician
- Computer, hardware and software recommendations
- Internet connectivity, encryption & privacy protections
- Developing the practice of clinical telemental health
- Explaining telemental health to youth & their parents
Informed Consent & Special Issues
- How is consent different with telemental health?
- Informed consent & intake process
- Addressing patient privacy
- Optimal office setup for Zoom
- Adapting counseling/therapy theory and techniques to telemental health
Safety Planning – For You & Your Patient
- Suitability screening for your client
- Patient age guidelines
- Policies and procedures that protect yourself, your license and the client
- Emergency and crisis action plans
- Addressing self-harm & suicidal ideations
- Telehealth options for young children (under five)
- Delivery methods and platforms for squirmy or disengaged kids
- Severe decompensation
- Practical & strategic solutions for family parenting skills’ sessions
Navigating Traditional vs. Digital Talk Therapy Interventions
- CBT techniques that work onscreen
- Worksheets & Homework
- Digital activities that elevate traditional interventions
- Reading therapeutic children’s books
- Team Building Exercises
- Frustration Tolerance Exercises
Adapting Play Therapy with Online Games
- Chess & enhancing technical limitations to improve therapy
- Pictionary & other art therapy modalities
- Connect Four, Uno & engaging kids with physical objects
- Zoom & Non-directive play therapy
Sioux Falls Psychological Services
Dr. Amy Marschall, Psy.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist in South Dakota. Dr. Marschall works primarily with children and adolescents, adopting telemental health strategies early into her clinical practices, and is a Certified Clinical Telemental Health Provider (CTMH). In 2016, Dr. Marschall helped develop a telemental health task force at Sioux Falls Psychological Services to develop an ethical and effective model to provide telehealth services to individuals living in rural South Dakota without access to mental health resources. Dr. Marschall co-developed and presented a six-hour seminar on ethical and legal guidelines for telemental health in 2017 and has been providing these services in South Dakota since this time.
Financial: Amy Marschall works in a group practice. She also maintains a website to share therapy resources with parents and other clinicians. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Amy Marschall has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.