- Diane Renz
- 6 Hours 11 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 09, 2016
Is your client caught up in chaos, anxious thoughts, overwhelming depression or stress? Your client comes to you to help them make progress and meaningful change in their life, but nothing seems to be working. Take action today and help your client get their life back.
Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Mindfulness- Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is the treatment approach that can transform your clients’ lives and your practice.
Don’t wait to join all the professionals across the country embracing this therapeutic approach. Join Mindfulness expert and MBSR teacher Diane Renz, who trained with Jon Kabat-Zinn, and learn how MBSR can:
- Move the client from reactivity to responsiveness
- Shift the client from habits of negative perception to meaning and sense of agency
- Overcome anxiety, depression, pain and stress related symptoms
- Dramatically improve physical, mental and emotional conditions
- Increase resiliency and wellbeing
- Strengthen self-regulation and stabilize attention & focus
|Webcast Manual (12.55 MB)||70 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Foundational Principles of MBSR
- History of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Theoretical Foundation for MBSR
- The Psycho-Educational Format of MBSR
- Ethical and Moral Principles
- The Mind/Body Connection
- MBSR as Adjunct to Medicine and Psychotherapy
The MBSR Curriculum—Goals and Objectives
- Core Skills in MBSR
- Clarifying, Setting and Reaffirming Intention
- Cultivating a Witnessing Awareness
- Stabilizing Attention
- Strengthening Self-Regulation
- Stress Management and Symptom Control
- Affect Regulation
- Cultivating Loving-Kindness and Acceptance
- Use of Homework
Establishing and Communicating Mindfulness in MBSR
- Formal Mindfulness Practices in MBSR:
- The BodyScan
- Sitting Meditation
- Mindful Movement/Yoga
- Walking Meditation
- Sensory Awareness
- Loving-Kindness Meditation
- Informal Mindfulness Practices in MBSR
- Incorporating Mindfulness into Daily Activities
- Establishing Mindfulness Cues for Daily Life
- Use of S.T.O.P.
- The Three Minute Breathing Space
- Communication Tools in MBSR
- Inter-Personal Mindfulness
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication
- The Process of Inquiry
Clinical Issues in MBSR
- Benefits and Contraindications
- Overcoming Anxiety
- Working with Depression, Negative Cognitions and Ruminations
- Working with Pain and Stress-Related Symptoms
- Working with Addictions: Affect Regulation and Impulse Control
- Interface with Psychotherapy Adaptations to Client-Specific Settings, Populations and Conditions
Evidence-Based Research on MBSR
- Effect on Physical Conditions
- Effect on Mental Functioning and Conditions
- Effect on Emotional Functioning and Conditions
- Neuroscience Research – Effect of MBSR on the Brain
Diane Renz, M.A., L.P.C., has 37 years of Mindfulness experience, trained with Jon Kabat-Zinn & Saki Santorelli at the Center for Mindfulness, UMASS.
Diane is a Neuroscience Practical Applications Facilitator, Licensed Psychotherapist, Workshop Developer, Mindfulness Instructor & MBSR Teacher, who founded Your Gateway to Healing™, a worldwide counseling, coaching, and consulting service.
Utilizing the latest neuroscience studies that show our capacity for changing our brains & biology through focused attention, she presents a variety of somatic and mindfulness based practices to help people affect positive state & behavioral changes, that are detailed in her upcoming book on anxiety, based on her current trademarked workshop, “Healing Beyond Anxiety™: Body as Ally.”
With over 30 years in human services, trained in Transpersonal & Contemplative Psychology, philosophy, religious perspectives, as well as, extensive post graduate studies in Trauma and Somatic psychology, her work is a confluence of various schools of thought and personal experiment, and is fueled both by professional training and personal exploration.
She has studied with Dan Siegel, MD, in the field of neuroscience and Interpersonal Neurobiology, Jon Kabat Zinn in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, and integrates the teachings of numerous other thought leaders in the field of Somatic research and Neuroplasticity. Diane’s view of a person’s inherent health guides her work; each symptom becomes opportunity for healing. Both her professional and personal experience has proven that you can turn ‘pain into possibility™’ as it becomes your Gateway to Healing™.
Financial: Diane Renz is the Founder of Your Gateway to Healing™. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Diane Renz is a member of UMASS Center of Mindfulness.