- Diohn Brancaleoni
- 5 Hours 10 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Dec 11, 2013
Many behavioral health professionals are unsure how to integrate positive psychology concepts and mind-body-spirit practices into their work with clients. What does the research reveal that is relevant to client growth, change, and well-being? How can therapists and others apply evidence-based concepts and techniques into traditional psychotherapy and counseling sessions?
This course presents exciting information about the driving tenets of positive psychology, and the science based mindfulness and mind-body-spirit approaches to wellness that can easily be integrated into psychotherapeutic work. Participants learn about research, tools, and techniques that increase therapeutic effectiveness and support positive client change. With over 20 years of experience in the field of psychology, Dr. Brancaleoni provides instruction on how to utilize exercises that help clients improve their levels of awareness, future outlook, and happiness.
You’ll leave this recording with practical and applicable tools for helping clients with impulsivity, feelings management, self-esteem, communication skills, and overcoming resistance — all presented in a simple, take away format.
|Manual – Integrated Awareness (0.90 MB)||64 Pages||Available after Purchase|
OVERVIEW: POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY, MINDFULNESS, & THE MIND-BODY-SPIRIT PERSPECTIVE
- Positive psychology: from pathology to strengths, and from client functioning to client happiness
- Whole person wellness as a clinical approach and treatment goal
POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY: HAPPINESS & STRENGTHS
- Facilitating client happiness, optimism, and resilience for health, success, life satisfaction
- Identifying and using client strengths to drive treatment
- The curious therapist
THE MIND: HOW TO HELP CLIENTS CULTIVATE AWARENESS FOR POSITIVE CHANGE
- Mindfulness techniques to enhance psychotherapeutic treatments
- Improve mental and emotional functioning
- Change limiting perceptions and behaviors
- Strategies to increase gratitude and engagement
THE BODY: HOW TO HELP CLIENTS WITH STRESS & COMMUNICATION
- Breathing, Posture, and Movement: Techniques to help clients gain
- Physical regulation and relaxation
- Emotional stability and strength
- Mental clarity
- Improved communication skills
- Therapist skills: reading client body language
THE SPIRIT: HOW TO HELP CLIENTS LIVE A MEANINGFUL LIFE
- Social connections: for health, wealth, and happiness
- The pleasant life, the good life, and the meaningful life
- Pleasures vs. gratifications – know the difference!
INTEGRATING POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY & MINDFULNESS IN PSYCHOTHERAPY
- An integrated clinical approach; assumptions, questions, and attention to client energy
- How do people sustain change?
- From desperation to inspiration
Diohn Brancaleoni, PhD,is a licensed psychologist based in Florida. Dr. Brancaleoni is a member of the American Psychological Association and has over 20 years of professional experience in the field of psychology. She earned her doctoral degree in clinical psychology in 1991 and has embraced a holistic and practical approach to helping clients achieve happiness and wellness.
Dr. Brancaleoni has additional training and experience in Life Coaching, Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy, Addictions, and Special Education. She maintains her private practice at Joyful Living Life Coaching and offers dynamic lectures and workshops on topics related to strengths-based psychotherapy, balanced living, and happiness.
Dr. Brancaleoni explains her perspective as: “I try to enjoy life, see the good in people, keep a sense of humor, and be the change I wish to see in the world.”
Financial: Diohn Brancaleoni maintains a private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Diohn Brancaleoni is a member of the American Psychological Association.