- IAN KERNER
- 1 Hour 58 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 24, 2018
Effective sex therapy goes beyond what happens in the consulting room and requires behavioral interventions that clients can work on between sessions. Although “homework” is a regular part of sex therapy, clinicians’ standard packages of exercises are often woefully incomplete and outdated. While our understanding of sexuality has evolved considerably since the work of Masters and Johnson, many therapists still commonly assign homework that originated with them. This recording takes sex-therapy interventions into the 21st century.
|Manual – Sex Therapy for the 21st Century (894 KB)||35 Pages||Available after Purchase|
The latest science of sexual desire
- Understanding spontaneous vs. responsive desire, and the dual-control model of human sexuality
- Interventions that draw on willingness and the generation of subjective arousal
The latest innovations in addressing common sexual problems such as erectile disorder, premature or delayed ejaculation, inhibited arousal, and sexual pain and orgasm issues
- Using combination therapy to take a bio-psychosocial-interpersonal approach
- How to conduct a sexual history/sex script analysis
The art of crafting the sex therapy homework assignment
- Using a constructive model to create a framework
- Working with the diagnostic data on an ongoing basis; working with erotic counter-transference
Ian Kerner Ph.D., L.M.F.T., is a licensed psychotherapist and nationally recognized sexuality counselor who specializes in sex therapy and couples therapy. He’s a New York Times best-selling author of multiple books, including She Comes First and Passionista.