- Jamie Otremba
- 5 Hours 37 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Nov 18, 2016
Jamie Otremba, MSN, RN, CNM, will delve into the most challenging issues presenting in today’s obstetrical patients. She will provide you with a comprehensive look at:
- Birth Planning: Preventing Unrealistic Expectations!
- The Latest & Greatest Options for Pain Management
- MUST KNOW Interventions for Complicated Deliveries
- Optimal Medication Selection for Preterm Labor
- Reducing the Risks Associated with Inductions
- And Much More!
You will walk through cases that demonstrate how complications can change the intended plan and explore the latest available in terms of prevention and management to avoid a crisis! These best-practice strategies will allow you to help reduce risk, cost, and discomfort for laboring patients. Plan on attending today and take home tools you can use to immediately impact the maternal and fetal outcomes of your obstetrical patients!
|Webcast Manual (2.94 MB)||48 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Hypertensive Disorders in Pregnancy
- MUST Know Interventions
- Maximizing Maternal & Fetal Outcomes
- Morbidity & Mortality
- Rapid Diagnosis & Critical Interventions
- Evaluating Risk
- Who Gets What, AND WHEN!
- Calcium Channel Blockers
Non-Pharmacological Pain Management
- “Low Intervention” Strategies
- The Must-Have, Low Cost Gadgets Patients LOVE
- Hydrotherapy & Water Birth
Pharmacological Pain Management
- Individualize It!
- Epidurals & Spinals
- Latest & Greatest Options:
- Nitrous Gas
- Remifentanyl PCA’s
- Safety & Efficacy
- Preventing Unrealistic Expectations!
- Interventions for Challenging Scenarios
- Maternal Refusal of:
- GBS Prophylaxis
- Cord Clamping
- How to Protect Yourself from LIABILITY
- Impact on Patient Satisfaction Scores
- When the Risk is Too High
- The Newest Options
- Strategies to Reduce Risk & Costs
- The MUST HAVE Induction Checklist
Ridgeview Medical System
Jamie Otremba, MSN, RN, CNM, has over 20 years of maternal child nursing experience and is currently practicing full scope nurse-midwifery at a progressive OB/GYN clinic in suburban Minnesota. Jamie has been active in program development and benchmarking in both clinic and hospital settings. She is also one of the medical directors for the Women’s and Children’s Service Line at a large hospital and medical center in Minnesota. Jamie served as an assistant professor at Minnesota State University and has practiced in women’s health care in a variety of settings, including: labor and delivery, postpartum, antenatal, and community health nursing.
She has consulted for area health care facilities on clinical and legal practice topics, and she continues as an investigator for several medication trials pertinent to obstetric and gynecologic issues. Additionally, Jamie has enjoyed sharing her vast knowledge and experiences as a preceptor for both medical and advanced practice nursing students. She has treated obstetrical patients facing all of the high-risk conditions presented during this seminar day. Her goal is to provide you with the current trends, treatments and issues pertinent to high risk obstetrics to ultimately improve the maternal and fetal outcomes of your own patients.
Financial: Jamie A. Otremba has an employment relationship with a private women’s health clinic. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Jamie A. Otremba is a member of the American College of Nurse Midwives; and the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.