- Jennifer Cohen Harper
- 1 Hour 27 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jan 12, 2016
When children can’t cope, challenges become stressors, and anxiety replaces anticipation. This recording offers concrete, easily taught practices to help your clients and students learn to access their inner resources, calm their anxiety, transform their relationship to stress, and thrive even when life is challenging.
|Webcast Manual (6.61 MB)||16 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|ISBE Eval Form (0.17 MB)||1 Pages||Available after Purchase|
- What anxiety is telling us: Listening to the messages of the body
- Our Stress Response and harnessing its power
- Agency and Personal Power: Practices to teach our minds how strong we are
- Connect activity to gain perspective and orient to the present moment: Five Senses Practice
- Breathe Activity to Soothe the Nervous System: Resistance Breathing
- Movement Practices to Enhance Sense of Agency and Strength: Mountain Pose Exploration; Feeling My Strength
- Focus Activity to Practice Grounding and Stabilizing: Body Connection Focus Practice
- Relaxation Practice to Rest and Repair: Restorative Yoga Poses
- Repairing the Mind-Body Communication System: Embodiment and its relationship to anxiety reduction
Jennifer Cohen Harper, MA, E-RYT, RCYT, is an author and educator who works to support all children and teens in the development of strong inner resources through the tools of yoga and mindfulness. Her goal is to help kids, and those who care for them, thrive in the world regardless of circumstances, and navigate the many challenges they face with a sense of personal power and self-awareness.
As the founder and CEO of Little Flower Yoga, Jennifer brings embodied mindfulness programming and education to schools and community organizations nationwide, serving students, families, educators, and mental health providers. She is an active member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists, and the board president of the non-profit Yoga Service Council, which works to maximize the effectiveness and sustainability of those committed to sharing practices supporting healing, resilience, self-development, community building and positive social change.
Jennifer is the author and co-author of numerous titles and card decks, including Yoga and Mindfulness Practices for Children Card Deck (PESI, 2016), Little Flower Yoga (New Harbinger, 2013) and children’s books, Thank You Body, Thank You Heart (PESI, 2019) and Thank You Mind (PESI, 2020).
Jennifer’s work has been featured in prominent publications including NY Times, The International Journal of Yoga Therapy, Publishers Weekly, and Yoga Journal and endorsed by thought leaders including Dan Siegel, Sharon Salzberg, Rick Hanson and Congressman Tim Ryan. Jennifer is an engaging presenter committed to collective growth and learning. She offers powerful information in a practical, easy-to-implement format with warmth, humor and joy.
Financial: Jennifer Cohen Harper is the founder/director of Little Flower Yoga and The School Yoga Project. She is a compensated author for New Harbinger Publications. Her work on yoga and mindfulness has been featured in numerous publications including The New York Times and the International Journal of Yoga Therapy. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Jennifer Cohen Harper is the vice president of the Yoga Service Council. She is a member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists.